Note: There is a potential for data loss. Please backup any important data & unplug any external HDD's before continuing.
Boot from a USB Key:
- Create a Windows 10 USB key using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.
- With your Rig powered OFF, insert the Windows 10 USB key.
- Turn Rig on & keep tapping the F8 key (about once a second.) until it loads to the boot menu. If you fail to see a boot menu, restart & tap F12 key instead.
- Highlight the Windows 10 USB key you created & press ENTER.
- Select Windows Setup (64-bit).
- Change “Time and currency format” to “English (New Zealand)”.
- Click “Install now”.
- Click “I don't have a key”.
- Select “Windows 10 Home” and click Next.
- Select “I accept the license terms” then click Next.
- Select “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)”.
- Highlight the Partition which says “Primary” then click Next.
- It should notify you that Windows is already installed on that drive. Click OK.
- Windows will install. After it reboots, your Rig will restart into Windows.
- On the “Get going fast” menu, select “Customize settings” (bottom left).
- Turn ALL checkboxes to “Off” then click next.
- Turn ALL checkboxes to “Off” again then click next.