How to reinstall Windows fresh on your Gorilla Rig
Note: Please backup any important data & remove any external HDD's before continuing.
Boot from Windows 10 USB Key:
- Locate the blue & silver Windows 10 USB Key found in the Motherboard box.
- With your Rig powered OFF, insert the Windows 10 USB key.
- Turn Rig on & keep tapping the F8 key (about once a second.) until it loads to a menu. If you fail to see a boot menu, repeat above steps using F12 key instead.
- Double click “KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP”.
- Select Windows Setup (64-bit).
- Change “Time and currency format” to “English (New Zealand)”.
- Click “Install now”.
- Click “I don't have a key”.
- Select “Windows 10 Home” and click Next.
- Select “I accept the license terms” then click Next.
- Select “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)”.
- Highlight the Partition which says “Primary” then click Next.
- It should notify you that Windows is already installed on that drive. Click OK.
- Windows will install. After it reboots, your Rig will restart into Windows.
- On the “Get going fast” menu, select “Customize settings” (bottom left).
- Turn ALL check boxes to “Off” then click next.
- Turn ALL check boxes to “Off” again then click next.
Install Motherboard & Graphics Card drivers based on what hardware you have:
Graphics Card Drivers:
Asus PRIME B250M-A
Asus PRIME B350-PLUS
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270
Gigabyte Sniper B8
If you have any queries or you continue to have issues with your Rig, feel free to contact Gorilla Rigs here.